Data is defined as facts or figures, or information which has been translated into a form that is efficient for movement or processing and stored for use. Data collection is a process by which data is gathered and measured.
Without data collection, companies would stumble around in the dark using outdated methods to make their decisions. It is through data collection that a business or management has the quality information they need to make informed decisions from further analysis, study, and research. Hence, we need quality data.
Why we Need Data
- To ensure everyone meets their developmental potential.
- To predict the future.
- To inform early development policies and strategies.
- To guide universal and targeted early intervention services and development.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our efforts to improve outcomes.
- To monitor progress over time in improving outcomes.
- If you use it correctly, you can make it a considerable competitive advantage.
Why we Need Quality Data
Data are of high quality if they are Fit for Use in their intended operational, decision-making and other roles. Maintaining data quality is a difficult but necessary task. In order to achieve consistent and reliable customer data, businesses must constantly manage data quality so that they can trust their data and enable quicker and more knowledgeable decisions.
- Data quality is important because without high-quality data, you cannot understand or stay in contact with your customers.
- To have accurate and timely information to manage services and accountability.
- For good information to manage service effectiveness.
- To prioritize and ensure the best use of resources
- The better the data quality, the more confidence users will have in the outputs they produce, lowering risk in the outcomes and increasing efficiency.
- Good-quality data allows staff to be more productive.
Properties of Quality Data
How to Make/Measure data to be of Quality
- Keep bad data out of the database/list.
- Data collected must be secure and should only be used for authorized purposes.
- Looking for bad data already entered.
- Let the bad data find you and then fix things.
- Train staffs so they have the appropriate knowledge, competencies and capacity for their roles.
- Allocating resources.
At LocationForms we provide you with effective and timely means of receiving all kinds of information remotely from anywhere in the world.
LocationForms is a mobile and web app base platform designed specifically to gather location based information from the public. Information received through this platform is presented in an easily analyzable format and of maximum security with no external access. Click here to know all about LocationForms.
123 total views, 1 views today